Dear Esther and my new T2I friends,
Your post this morning certainly resonated with me. I am following the news from the Gaza and Israeli towns in the Negev almost obsessively. I work from home so it is almost too easy for me to read the BBC, then switch to the Jerusalem Post, and then switch to Neil Lazarus' website, write to my best friend in Paris (who tells me that the majority vote there is for the Palestinians and that Sarkozy, a big supporter of Israel, is plumeting in popularity), and to contact friends in England, where again the 'cool' thing is to be pro-Palestinians. I wish I had a better understanding of Middle Eastern politics so that I could see a move that the Israelis could make, or that surrounding Arabs could make, which could lead to the beginning of a negotiated peace. But the more I learn about Hamas the more worried I become; that they have a win-win situation, which is partly compounded by the extraordinary anti-Israeli sentiments in the West - especially in the media (which I now analyse like a hawk!) Now I understand how strong the Israelis have to be to live in such proximity to people hating you so much that they want to get rid of your nation state. Esther, your point about Momo's balcony view and what it really means in terms of daily living, is very poignant.
Love to all of you,
Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment