Sunday, March 2, 2008

Amazing Revelations

Shalom everyone: I was standing in the midst of Shabbat services yesterday and I looked down at my shoes and whispered to my daughter - "I can hardly believe that just two weeks ago these shoes carried me to the Wall in Jerusalem for the first time to celebrate Shabbat. I have been talking to everyone about my experiences like many of you, showing my photos and planning gatherings with my friends to talk more about my experiences. I have been filled with anxiety about the current news related to happenings in Gaza and the surrounding areas in Israel and find myself reacting much more emotionally than before the trip. There's no doubt in my mind that any presidential candidate who wants my vote needs to be a staunch supporter of Israel! Did anyone see the David Broza concert on public television? It was filmed at Masada and ended with sunrise there. I was in tears!
I miss all of you and could really relate to the first sentence in Esther's email when she said: "I miss seeing you all at breakfast! Ditto! I have already marked my calender for our brunch in June and really look forward to seeing everyone.
On a side note, today I managed to get through my first of three dance festivals that my students are involved in this month. Tho it was my first at this particular day school, everyone did a stellar job and the hats we found in the Shuk HaCarmel (thanks to those with eagle eyes!) were a big hit. I hope to post some of those pictures so you can see the hats in action. This coming Sunday my high school dance troupe, Meretz, will be performing at the Israel Dance Festival in Boston at MIT. I'd love to see you there. Keep in touch.
Love, Eve

No comments: